Share: 

BreastFest 5K to support breast cancer patients Aug. 18

August 5, 2018

As part of the 2018 Ten Sisters of Dewey Beach Summer Road Race Series, the 5th Annual BreastFest 5K will be held Saturday, Aug. 18, starting and ending at the Bottle & Cork, Bellevue Street and Coastal Highway, Dewey Beach. Proceeds from the race go to the Tyanna Foundation of Baltimore. Attendees and participants are asked to wear pink.

In 1990, Tyanna Barre O’Brien lost her battle with breast cancer, leaving behind five daughters. In honor of their mother, these women created the Tyanna Foundation in order to help the many people affected by breast cancer. The Tyanna Foundation is a 100 percent volunteer organization, and 90 percent of all funds raised in each state stay in that state to support local breast cancer efforts. The remaining 10 percent stays in the foundation and will one day be used toward endowments, scholarships or research.

There will be a post-race breakfast party with beer for those over age 21. On race day, parking is free in Dewey Beach until 10 a.m. 

For more information or to register, go to www.races2run.com.