Visiting St. Stephen’s Basilica with the Gazette while on a Danube River cruise
Cape Gazette readers Jim Powers & Eileen Donnelly from Bethany Beach and Donna & Dave Gardiner from Rehoboth Beach recently enjoyed a river cruise on Europe’s second largest river, The Danube.
Here they are pictured at St. Stephen’s Basilica. According to Wikipedia, St. Stephen’s is a Roman Catholic basilica in Budapest, Hungary. It is named in honor of Stephen, the first King of Hungary (c 975–1038), whose supposed right hand is housed in the reliquary. It was the sixth largest church building in Hungary before 1920. Since the renaming of the primatial see, it’s the co-cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Esztergom-Budapest. Today, it is the third largest church building in present-day Hungary.
The Traveler Series is sponsored by
Bob & Cathy Cardaneo